Handgun License Requirements
Applications are accepted Wednesdays only 8 AM to 3 PM only Cleveland County Detention Center
2550 West Franklin Road, Norman, OK 73069
No appointments Walk-ins only
Complete a handgun license application online at OSBI’s Website.
- Then print the summary sheet, and bring it with you to the Detention Center. OSBI will only accept credit card payments, if you apply online.
- If you don’t apply online, fill out the four page Paper Application. Use blue or black ink only.
- Applications may be picked up at the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office at 128 South Peters Ave, Norman, OK 73069.
Bring you original handgun class safety certificate.
- Copies aren’t accepted.
- OSBI will only accept a Certified Gun Safety Instructor certificate.
If you didn’t scan your photo into your online application, bring 2 passport-size photos with you.
- They can be purchased at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Kinko's FedEx Office, photography studios, etc. The photos must be professionally made.
We will provide two fingerprint cards and a background check form to fill out.
- Use black ink only, when filling out the fingerprint cards.
Bring a $25.oo Money Order or Cashier’s Check only made out to CCSO.
- No cash or personal checks.
If you didn't pay online, bring a money order or cashier's check made out to OSBI.
- No cash, personal checks, credit cards or debit cards.
- $100 for a 5 year license
- $200 for a 10 year license
OSBI requires the Sheriff's Office staff to fingerprint you and maintain possession of the fingerprint cards.
- If your applying for a handgun license, don't get fingerprinted anywhere else.
Bring your photo ID.
- Driver's License, State Issued ID Card, Military ID, or etc.
If you weren't born in the United States, bring proof of United States Citizenship.
- Passport, Naturalization Papers, Birth Certificate stating you're a US Citizen, etc.
Military Members, bring a copy of your current orders.
- If you've been discharged, bring a copy of your DD-214.
Bring all paperwork, photos, fees and your ID with you when applying.
Please call our Self Defense Act office at 405-701-8673