Sheriff Foreclosure Sales
Sheriff Sale Procedure
Sales are held the first and third Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m. Registration will be from 9:30 - 9:55 a.m. and sales begin promptly at 10 a.m. We schedule sales weeks in advance and make copies of the sale lists available here for three months at a time. Note: You may have to scroll down to find the date of the upcoming sale Sheriff 2019 Sale List (PDF). For records beyond 90 days old, contact the Cleveland County Court Clerk or see the Oklahoma Supreme Court Network.
Bidding Requirements & Rules
- Please turn your cell phone off. If you must receive, or make, a call please go to the hallway.
- An updated list of recalled cases in posted outside the sale room door.
- We do not provide extra lists.
- If it has been recalled it will not be in the sale.
- No Bidder registration will be allowed once the sale has begun.
- For each property we will call its number on the sheriff’s list (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), the court case number, plaintiff and defendant.
- The legal representative for the Mortgage Company / Bank will begin the bidding.
- Bidding cannot begin lower then 2/3rd of the appraised value and often begins at, or above, appraised value.
- The deputy will repeat each bid.
- Please allow the deputy to repeat the bid before you place the next bid.
- Bids must be raised by $500 increments, or higher
- The Sheriff’s Office Sale Administrators reserve the right to raise bids by $1000 increments any time we deem it necessary.
- When the deputy repeats the bid 3 times the sale is complete. No further bids will be taken.
- If you win the bid on a property please see the Sheriff’s Office Staff and/or the legal representatives after the sale.
- The Sheriff’s Office Staff has a form to give you for your records and to refer to at the court clerk’s office.
- Please read the “Sale Information” sheet for the contact phone numbers and information you will need after the sale.
- Sheriff’s Deputies and Staff are not attorneys. We cannot answer legal questions, please contact an attorney for legal advice.
The winning bidder must deposit ten percent at the Court Clerk’s Office within 24 hrs. They require a cashier’s check made payable to the “Cleveland County Court Clerk”. Please contact the Cleveland County Court Clerk with questions related to payment and confirmation hearings.
Court Clerk: 405-321-6402
A confirmation hearing will be held sometime 2 - 4 weeks after the sale. The attorney for the mortgage holder will notify you of the confirmation date.
Once the confirmation hearing has been held the attorney for the mortgage company will produce the deed and forward it to the Sheriff’s office. When the Sheriff has signed the document you will be contacted and advised that it is ready to be picked up from our offices at 111 N. Main St., Suite 600, Norman. You, the purchaser, will be responsible for filing the deed with the County Clerk. Contact the Cleveland County Clerk’s Office with any questions related to filing the deed. County Clerk: 405-366-0240
You, the purchaser, will be responsible for payment of any taxes due the state. Contact the Cleveland County Treasurer’s Office with questions relating to state taxes. 405-366-0217
- County Clerk: Liens and Deeds
- Treasurer's Office: Tax information
- Assessor's Office: Property Description and Location
*We will charge $1 for the 1st page and .50 for each subsequent page, processing fee for Sheriff Sale copies provided at the Sheriff's Office at 111 N. Peters St, Suite 600.